Monday, August 11, 2014

Pages Medieval circle at Copenhagen University Program Sources Avalon Project Image source for Marc


It has historiografien traditionally assumed that there were no knights in Denmark until very late in the 1200s. This assumption is because historians traditionally only wanted to fix their hopes on diplomas as credible medieval sources that Denmark has been considered to be isolated from much of the Western European medieval culture and military history tham my mat has been frowned upon in the research.
In the lecture, this assumption would be challenged. Through comparative studies, I demonstrate tham my mat how knight tham my mat brigade military and ideological tham my mat were present in Denmark in the 1100s, who brought it here, and how the knight brigade was adapted Nordic conditions.
Literature: Jean Flori: Chevaliers a Chevalerie au Moyen Age, Paris, 1998 Richard W. Kaeuper: Chivalry tham my mat and Violence in Medieval Europe, Oxford, 1999 John France: Western Warfare at the Age of the Crusades 1000-1300, London & New Regarding York 1999. sources Geoffrey of Monmouth history of the British kings, Waces French interpretation of Monmouth and Chretien de Troyes' tham my mat works are recommended. I would also draw attention to Knight ballad Raoul de Cambrai, which specifically deals with the violent and vendetta-like sides of the knighthood. The Danish sources Saxo's Gesta Danorum, as usual, a treasure trove of information, although like all good treasuries contains pitfalls and other traps and dangers. The paper has been rewritten to an article that I submitted to the Historical tham my mat Journal. tham my mat It will hopefully be published (maybe sometime next year?).
This entry was posted on 0 October 9, 2007 to 22:01 pm and is filed under History, Retainers, medieval, military history, knights, Viking Age. You can follow Any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are närvarande closed. Post navigation Previous Post Next Post
Pages Medieval circle at Copenhagen University Program Sources Avalon Project Image source for Marciejowski-Bible CELT: Corpus of Electronic texts Christian tham my mat Classics tham my mat Etheral Library Cyber Scotia: Scottish tham my mat and Celtic Texts Online Danish runic inscriptions Diplomatarium Danicum Early Manuscripts to Oxford University eremit.dk - Cph's diplomatic aria exerpter from Froissart Fordham Internet Medieval Sourcebook Gallica Gesta Hammaburgensis tham my mat Ecclesiae pontificum Gregory of Tours Heimskringla In parantheses Murals Kongespejlet Labyrinth Library Monumenta Germaniae Historica The Online Medieval tham my mat & Classical Library The ORB: Online Reference Book for Medieval Studies University of Leeds: tham my mat Medieval Texts in Translation tham my mat Medieval Das spate openair historian Portal warfare in the Middle Ages liturgy.dk - Danish liturgical fragments Medium Aevum (1250 - 1325) The Middle Ages - wiki Middleages.dk Netserf knights and tournaments The Medieval Warfare Blog Web rack University Archaeology History HiSTUD Histuds Wall Medieval Studies Medieval Studies - AU Medieval Studies - Hamburg Medieval Studies - University of Southern Denmark RU History Saxo Institute of Southern University - History Tools Genealogy - Danish Royal Heraldry paleography - English Study medieval on the web Welsh castles
% D bloggers like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment